Health and Safety
The safety of our workers, customers and the general public is fundamental to our work and of paramount importance to our operation. Safety is at the forefront of all of our systems, procedures and work schedules and our health and safety record ranks with the best in the industry. Here are some example of our systematic approach to health and safety:
- Our HSE approved risk assessments and method statements exceed current legislative requirements and meet with all CDM rulings.
- All of our operatives receive a wide variety of regular training, including refresher tool box talks to organised qualification courses run by recognised bodies such as CITB and UKATA.
- Our health and safety manual is monitored annually by SGS Yarsley, part of the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are also accredited by Achilles RISQS, the railway certification company and registered with the Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- To supplement our own health and safety advisor we use external assessors to provide feedback on safety standards and performance at our sites.
- We welcome scrutiny and have been monitored and audited by SGS Yarsley International, Achilles RISQS and the HSE plus clients such as BAE Systems, FORS for transport operations. We are also monitored by our trade membership bodies such as the National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC) , the Asbestos Removal Contactors Association (ARCA) and the Drilling and Sawing Association ( DSA).
- We are proud of our safety record, having never received a prosecution, prohibition or enforcement notice, or a loss time injury. We have also consistently held a full three year Asbestos License. All of these achievements reflect our good working practices.
Our Safety Aims
- We will always behave in a safe manner, look out for my colleagues and challenge any unsafe behaviour
- We will always assess and control risks before starting any works activity
- We will only let colleagues perform activities they are fully trained and authorised to carry out
- We will always issue the correct ppe for the task and adopts “colleague keeper policy”
- We will always ensure our Health and Safety culture grows in a positive direction
- We will always empower our staff to stop work and ask questions if they feel unsafe
- We will always ensure an open-door policy to senior management whilst at work
- We will always report hazard spots, unsafe acts, near misses and accidents
"I have worked with Econ on many projects within London Underground and Network Rail infrastructure. Econ have always been very proactive in their approach to the projects and have worked collaboratively with my teams from the very early stages. I would definitely recommend them to others"
"Also evident was the pride the staff have in what they do and the care they take to work safely at all times and offer the best service possible to their clients"
"We found Econ to be talented and professional. We recently employed them to undertake some regeneration work to help us prepare for the building of our new Queen Elizabeth II Centre. Our experience of working with them was excellent. They were conscientious and efficient when working to a tight deadline and we have no hesitation recommending them for other projects."