With over 30 years’ experience of safe asbestos removal and management we provide a highly effective service for the multitude of environments where this hazardous material is found.
Our comprehensive asbestos management service covers every stage of the removal and disposal process, from initial surveys by our technical experts through to air monitoring on completion of the project.
Our five stage approach gives our customers complete peace of mind
- Comprehensive surveys identify the exact location, extent and type of asbestos that needs to be managed or removed.
- Risk assessments. Our expert technicians can provide a full review of the severity and potential risk posed by the asbestos material on site. This leads to a detailed Risk Assessment and an accompanying method statement of how we will deal with the hazard.
- Because of the danger of airborne pollution the asbestos is wet stripped and injected with a fibre suppressant to minimise dust and debris.
- Removing asbestos is undertaken under strict health and safety procedures and the material collected in UN approved packaging with CDG hazard signs and asbestos codes ready for safe transportation to a regulated disposal site.
- Once all asbestos has been removed our teams will conduct an air monitoring test across the area or site. The tests are conducted by independent, approved UKAS accredited analytical laboratories. At this point the customer has complete peace of mind that the hazard has been removed and effectively disposed of prior to any construction or refurbishment works.
Safety and training are fundamental to our continued success in this specialised area of hazardous waste removal.
Our teams are required to undertake regular and extensive training, provided by the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA) and UKATA approved training facilities. It is mandatory for our supervisors to have a minimum of three years’ experience in the safe removal of all types of asbestos.
Econ’s stringent working practices, training regimes and outstanding safety record have ensured that we have always been granted the HSE’s maximum three year asbestos removal licence.